Tell Laura I Love Her For Speaking The Truth

Laura Chandler

I am a master’s level outpatient therapist. I am also diagnosed with bipolar disorder, ADHD, borderline personality disorder, PTSD, and GAD. I know a few people are complaining about this documentary. The point behind this is that the pharmaceutical industry is monopoly. Psychiatrists and PCPs are prescribing antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and antipsychotics without doing medical examination to rule out medical causes to mental health problems such as thyroid, Lyme disease, autoimmune diseases, and others. The doctor diagnosis you based upon your symptoms. They do not do a blood test to diagnose mental illness. Psychopharmalogical meds are the 2nd most commonly prescribed class of medications. The side effects of these meds are often worse than the mental problem its self. The psychopharmalogical industry is a business. The more meds that are prescribed, the more money that the pharma industry makes. It use to be rare for a person to have a mental illness. Today, psychotropic medications are the 2nd most commonly prescribed class of medications. There is a diagnosis for just about everything. If a person is a neat freak then the person might be dx as OCD. If the person is the opposite and messy and does not pay attention to details then the person might have ADHD. If the person is shy then the person has social anxiety disorder. If the person gets home sick then the person has separation anxiety disorder. If a child does not obey his parents then the child has ODD. If a person is sad due to the loss of a job then the person is diagnosed with adjustment disorder. Also, in order to receive payment for the insurance company the psychiatrist or therapist must diagnose you with a mental illness. These medications are dangerous and can do more harm than good. Some of them caused mental health problems. Zoloft and Lexapro make me hypomanic. Celexa made me suicidal. Lamictal did nothing. Abilify caused me to gain weight. Latuda caused me to have bladder problems. Seroquel made me a Zombie. Tegretol caused me to have menstrual problems. Trileptal caused migraines and made me suicidal. Geodon made me a Zombie. The ADHD meds such as Adderall, Concerta, and Vyvanse made me psychotic. The drug reps lie to the doctors. I have had drug reps stock me, and call me as a case manager. When I was a case manager, the drug reps would ask me how many of my patients were taking Abilify Maintaina. They encouraged me to convince the doctor to prescribe my patients Abilify Maintaina. They would buy the doctors presents. They buy them free lunch. I have seen it. Pharma does not give a fuck about the patients all they care about is money. Also, the drugs don’t change your situation. If your marriage is making you depressed, the drugs don’t fix the marriage. If being unemployed is making you depressed. The drugs don’t fix that situation. Yes mental illness does exist but these drugs don’t get to the root of the problem. However, there are a few people who actually do benefit from the drugs. Once a psychiatrist told me that only 30% of the people that take psychiatric medications actually benefit from them. The other 70% do not.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s